Today the majority of Internet and mobile users want to get rid of the annoying adverts, which are displayed on their devices. Such a situation provoked the development of ad blockers. As a result, publishers faced lots of problems with the monetization of their resources and apps. However, there is always a way out. Let’s observe the most effective ways of ad monetization.
Modern monetization models and trends
To monetize apps/sites with ads, it is necessary to understand your audience. You should know what they are interested in and what they find disturbing. There are several trends, which are extremely effective and can be easily used to get more money from any platform:
1. Facebook. This network is one of the most popular among people from various parts of the world. However, it is not that easy to advertise on FB. It is important to know the modern trends. Video advertising is one of the directions, which attract the attention of the public. Live broadcasting and on-demand videos are on top for now. Such popularity is connected with the fact that video accounts for over 80% of the online traffic. Another reason is the growing CTV market, which opens more opportunities for advertising.
2. Affiliate links. If you learn how to use it right, it can be a wonderful monetization plan. There are plenty of e-commerce sites, which offer affiliate programs. By starting promoting their sales via your own resource, you can get a significant referral reward. An additional advantage is that you will promote sales with your own content, which can become a good basis for the customers’ attraction or even an e-commerce blog creation.
3. Influencer marketing. At least half of all Internet users trust the recommendations of the influencers. It is a popular Twitter tendency when someone famous retweets the information about a product/service while people buy it just because the influencer trusts the brand. It is a wonderful idea to have an effective blend of affiliate and influencer marketing strategies.
4. Native advertising. This sphere of advertising is very effective because it matches the environment. It does not look annoying. It does not even look like an ad. The key thing with such ads is targeting. It is required to have good analytical tools. Make advertisers use the RTB system for the effective application of native ads.
5. Revamped Paywall. Note that today people are able to find a full version of almost anything. A good idea is to create a timed paywall with limited access. Thus, users will have a limited time to observe the content, after that they will have to pay to continue reading/watching.
6. Voice search content optimization. Remember that searches on smartphones or smartwatches are voice-activated. It is better not to ignore this fact and deal with SEO optimization. Moreover, the forecasts tell that over 50% of all search queries will be voice-activated by 2020. Consider several typical question phrases:
The problem is that people do not always trust the opinion found on Google because it might be a result achieved with great investments in advertising.
7. Free content. To offer high-quality content for free is a good strategy to gain popularity. It might be effective for websites but it is not productive for apps. In this case, it is possible to offer freemium content. It means that you offer a free version of an app while a better one is available for a fee. Another way out is partially closed content. Users will have to pay to get more information. Such an approach is applicable for news portals. Remember that people should really like your content to make this model work for your profit.
As you see, it is possible to monetize your apps or site despite the growing popularity of ad blockers. You should be very creative and make efforts in order to attract the attention of the audience and convince people to pay. Using various options for monetization, it is possible to achieve different results. The additional benefits might be better conversion, audience engagement, etc. Learn more about your target audience to reach success and build a sophisticated monetization strategy.