Nintendo hosted yet another Nindies Showcase this Wednesday, where it introduced 20 new indie games coming to the Nintendo Switch this year and the next. Some of the titles include beloved franchises like Super Meat Boy, Shovel Knight, and the return of No More Heroes.
The 2017 Summer Showcase was held ahead of PAX West in Seattle, Washington. This year’s edition will run from September 1 to 4 and will kick off with another installation of Nindies@Night at the Museum of Pop Culture on Thursday from 8:30 p.m. to midnight local time.
The event itself will take place at the Washington State Convention Center, and fans of both Nintendo and indie games will get a chance to try out some of the upcoming titles at the Nindies Arcade, open after noon every day of the convention in room 3B on the third floor of the center.
No More Heroes, Shovel Knight, and Super Meat Boy come to the Switch
Among the most noteworthy titles revealed during the showcase, there were sequels to Super Meat Boy and No More Heroes, as well a prequel to Shovel Knight that will complete the Treasure Trove collection.
Super Meat Boy Forever will continue the saga, focusing on the kidnapping of Nugget by Dr. Fetus. Meat Boy and Bandage Girl will fight their way through countless saw-filled platforms looking to get their child back from the evil claws of the main antagonist of the series.
Shovel Knight: King of Cards, on the other hand, will feature King Knight as a protagonist in a prequel that will also jump on the hype wagon of card-based video games. This final adventure will complete the three-part DLC that, as a whole, forms the Treasure Trove digital edition of the game.
Finally, No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again will come to the Nintendo Switch next year with Suda51 sitting in the director’s chair once again after nearly a decade. This console exclusive will pick up seven years after the events of the first game, and the meta gameplay mechanics of the title have yet to be clarified.
Full Nintendo Switch Nindies Summer list
- Super Meat Boy Forever (2018)
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards (early 2018)
- Mom Hid My Game! (late 2017)
- Golf Story (September 2017)
- Floor Kids (Holiday 2017)
- Wulver Blade (September 2017)
- Poly Bridge (Holiday 2017)
- Kentucky Route Zero, TV Edition (early 2018)
- Earth Atlantis (Fall)
- Next Up Hero (early 2018)
- SteamWorld Dig 2 (September 21st)
- Mulaka (early 2018)
- Yolo and the Celestial Elephants (October 12th)
- Dragon: Marked For Death (Winter)
- Battle Chef Brigade (holiday 2017)
- Morphies Law (Winter)
- Sausage Sports Club (Fall)
- Light Fingers (early 2018)
- Nine Parchments (Holiday 2017)
- No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again (2018)