US – Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) today released further extension of the Security Bounty Programs. Mostly, every software company uses the Bug Bounty program which includes various domains like Defense, Authentication Bonus and RemoteApp. Keeping the same in mind, Microsoft announced a massive recompense, which will help hackers to spot security amenability in the system. The new extension can help company’s system to modify into better security system.
Microsoft said on Wednesday that it would further expand its Bounty for Defense program, upping the payout maximum from $50,000 to $100,000 and launching a bonus period for its Online Services Bug Bounty during which bounties will be doubled, meaning researchers can receive as much as $30,000 for discovering authentication vulnerabilities, according to a release.
The new approach of Microsoft’s Bug Bounty programs
- Vulnerabilities certification will obtain double bounty payouts
- Vulnerabilities Bonus will be from August 5, 2015 – October 5, 2015 which includes Microsoft Account (MSA) and Azure Active Directory (AAD)
- During this period all payouts will get twice the normal payout
- One can show their 1337 skills at MSA contest which will be held in Black Hat and can win an Xbox One, Surface 3, or one year of full MSDN access
- RemoteApp is being added as a new property of the Online Services Bug Bounty Program and all of the terms and payout rules will be same as earlier. Also, it will let users run Windows apps hosted in Azure anywhere, and on a various devices
- Also anyone can visit the Microsoft Networking Lounge on August 5 and 6 which is located in Mandalay Bay to participate and review full rules.
The latest expansion of the bounty programs will definitely help Microsoft to improve systemwide. Though the actual result will come by the feedback from the security research community.