India – Meizu, a Chinese smartphone maker, is all set to host an event in Delhi, India on August 26, 2015. The Chinese company has put a poster on the Facebook page where they are displaying the information about the Meizu Brand with other details like date and place of the event. The Chinese smartphone has still not disclosed the product which they are going to launch at the event; but it is expected that they are going to announce its flagship MX5 smartphone, which was first announced in China in June earlier this year.
Meizu, the Chinese smartphone maker to make a debut in India
Here is what Tim Zhong, overseas sales and marketing head for Meizu said in the conversation with Gizbot–
“It’s a brand launch, and we will talk about the products (at the event).” He emphasised on keeping the news for the August 26, though he did hint at announcements around the MX5 at the event.”
Till now, Meizu already has its presence in the market of different countries like Hong Kong, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Israel, Russia, Ukraine, Indonesia, Thailand, etc. While hosting the event in India, this Chinese smartphone company has expressed its intention very clear that they are expanding their business in different parts of the globe. It may happen that in future, more countries will be added to the list.
Here are the key features of a Meizu MX5 smartphone:
- Display – 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen protection
- Processor – 2GHz, 64-bit MediaTek Octa-Core processor paired with the PowerVR G6200 GPU
- RAM – 3GB
- Design – Full metallic cover except the plastic element on the rear side of the phone
- Measure – 9mm thick and weighs 149 grams
- Operating System – Android 5.0 along with Meizu’s Flyme OS 4.5
- Camera – 7MP rear side camera with dual LED flash unit accompanied with f/2.2 aperture and laser aided focus mode. On the front end it has a 5MP camera with f/2.0 aperture.
- Fingerprint Sensor
Other than above listed features, MX5 as features dual-SIM configuration with LTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 AC, Bluetooth 4.1. Now it’s just a matter of few days, then everything will be clear regarding the announcement of this new Chinese smartphone in India.