Now we have lots of smartphones with large screens but still to watch movies and do some typing stuff, smartphones’ displays are not enough. You need a large screen to watch any video or presentation. Here comes screen mirroring, you can cast your smartphone screen to your PC or laptop and play games or watch any movie on a bigger screen.
Mirroring Android screen to PC is the easiest to do, and also free. There are lots of free apps available for Android screen mirroring and some paid ones.
Vysor is a Google Chrome app to cast your Android smartphone screen to your PC. Check out below how it works:
- Launch Google Chrome and navigate to the web store.
- Download Vysor (Beta) app and install on Google Chrome.
- On your phone enable USB debugging by going to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging.
- Launch the Vysor app from Google Chrome.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Choose your phone from the Vysor app.
Airdroid 3 is same as Vysor beta app, just the difference is that you need to download and install Airdroid 3 client on PC as well as on your phone. The features of Airdroid 3 are same as Vysor, just you can transfer data to and from Android and PC.
- Download and install Airdroid 3 client on your PC.
- Launch Airdroid 3 from desktop and log in with your id and password.
- Download Airdroid 3 app on your phone and log in there with the same id and password.
- Select your device on Airdroid 3 and select mirroring.
Now you’ll be seeing your phone’s screen on your PC so you can easily control your phone from PC using your mouse and type using a keyboard.
Microsoft provides Project my screen for Windows PC users to project their Windows phone screen to PC.
- Download Project My Screen and install on your PC.
- Launch it from the desktop and connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- You’ll be prompted with a popup whether to project your phone to your PC or not.
- Tap on Yes and you will see your phone screen on your PC.
You can only project your phone to your PC and cannot control it from there.
Apple iOS devices
Apple iOS devices can screen mirror using AirPlay, solely through Apple TV. There are lots of PC clients available on the internet for mirroring Apple iOS devices’ displays to PC.
Reflector 2 is not just for iOS devices but you can also mirror your Android screen to your PC using Reflector 2.
- Download and install Reflector 2.
- Launch it from the start menu or desktop.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open control center (swipe up from the bottom edge).
- Tap on AirPlay and select Reflector 2 from the list.
- If all go well you’ll see your phone’s screen on your PC.
X-Mirage is just like the Reflector 2, does the same thing and with the same features. One feature added is that you can directly broadcast your content to YouTube live.
- Download and install X-Mirage.
- Launch it from the desktop.
- On your phone, swipe from the bottom edge and open control center.
- On control center tap on “Airplay” and select X Mirage.
Have any questions or trouble while following the above procedures? Let us know in the comments below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.