Nextbit Robin is the first cloud-based Android smartphone for the people who always cares about low storage on their smartphones. The smartphone comes with onboard cloud integration with Android 5.1 Lollipop OS.
Whatever you do on this phone goes straight to the cloud and then you can access it anytime you wish to — internet access is required. Apps you install on this phone and which are not used recently get uploaded to the cloud with all the app data and whenever you want to launch the app, the phone will download the app and app data from the cloud and then you can use it in no time.
As all Android users have a “fundamental right” to root their phone, Nextbit Robin also get a toolkit from XDA Developers crafted by “daavm”. This toolkit contains lots more other options to do with your Nextbit Robin, like to backup or restore all of your phone’s data, install TWRP custom recovery and wipe cache data from the toolkit only.
The toolkit is quite simple to use but it needs some preparations in your phone and PC as well to make the toolkit work perfectly without any error.
Steps to root your Nextbit Robin and install TWRP custom recovery using the toolkit:
Before all these steps, make sure to turn off your antivirus software and Windows Defender as well to make sure it won’t block ADB drivers and Robin Toolkit to run properly:
- Download the Robin Toolkit from this page here.
- After downloading the toolkit launch it and click on Install ADB, a command window will open and ask you to confirm the action.
- Type Y and press enter key.
- After installation, you’ll get a pop-up message confirming that ADB drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now unlock your phone and go to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging option.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Click on the desired option from the Toolkit and confirm it.
The toolkit keeps on blinking the buttons on it until it detects your phone, this is completely normal (don’t panic or assume that it is a virus).